Jim's Message Board
[ Reply To This Message ]

EXCITE Just isn't exciting me!
From Donna on 19 August '98
I was just reading the previous post about from Karen about Excite not currently indexing sites that are hosted in a virtual domain environment. I recently dropped off of Excite after being there for almost a year and received a similar message from tech support. Does anyone know if it is just certain kinds of virtual environments or all virtually hosted sites?

We received a lot of business from Excite. Are we are supposed to just sit around while our online business goes down the tubes or should be scramble to get a new host that offers static IP addresses? Sorry if I sound like I am venting but this is very frustrating.

Does anyone have any advice. If anybody has their site hosted with a company that uses static IP addressing, and you are happy with the service you are receiving, I would certainly appreciate a recommendation. How much more expensive is it to have a static IP address. I have had some previous web hosting night mares and am happy with my current host and don't relish the idea of switching.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message:

Who Are You?
Your name:
Home page title:
(optional)
Home page URL:
(optional)

If you'd like to get replies to your message by email, enter your address:

Your Reply:
Subject: