deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: Well Max ive tried?
From Darryl on 11 October '98
adding to Well Max ive tried? posted by Tim Stockton

>Max in re: to going for the gift side of my site in the engines and yahoo. Well i have, i have submitted my site to yahoo in every gift catagory imaginable. As far as the stock key word , i realize i up against gazillions of stock sites on that word, but over 60% of my key word searches are the phrase one share of stock. Or, Disney stock. If you could look at my keywords i would appreciate it, as i am sure not as capable as you in creating what works, also would like any feedback on my use of pagemill to create my site and anything i should correct.

Speaking Specifically about Yahoo ...The key words that people type in at Yahoo's search page are pull out of the words in you discription. So the word "stock" is probaly in a million yahoo discriptions. As suggested before I would focus on another keyword. With your key word "one share of stock"...What's the proability of people that will type that in for a key word. Unless there is a specific type of people or crowd that I am not aware of ...that is a waste of a keyword.

On a friends site call "Revenge on the Telemarketers", one of the keywords is revenge for Yahoo (because it is in the title). He gets a lot of people that type the word Revenge...I personally don't think that the people that type the word "revenge" are looking for humor. But he's stuck with that kind of traffic whether he wants it or not.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message