deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: New compnay: advertising contract anyone??
From Max on 15 October '98
adding to New compnay: advertising contract anyone?? posted by Bradley

>I want to start my own business, but I am afraid of the liability involved. I need to write up an advertising contract for my clients to sign that would limit my liability because my website is a collection of fundraising companies that are advertising their porducts/services.

>My site is very simple. Companies pay me to advertise their information. I will provide a link over to their site, or I will host a few pages of information for them.

You have two different liabilities - the advertiser can sue you is the service goes down - lost income, etc. Check various ISP's User Agreements for phrases about "availability of service". There are usually some good "I am not responsible for the Internet and what happens on it".

There is also the reponsibility for false advertising by the company you list: a simple disclaimer that the companies are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of their information is what most sites do. Actually, you are NOT at all liable, but that phrase reminds the visitor that you are just the message board.

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message