From Deb at FutureQuest on 30 October '98
adding to Those Links Pages posted by Max

> Has anyone has any success after listing their site with those
>"free for all" links places?

> I've seen ads for software to automatically make submissions, so
>I wonder how much human traffic there could be ... and how dedicated
>they would have to be to wade through the slush-pile of links to
>find a site.

The "Free 4 All" link pages seemed to be an excellent way for the owners to build EMail lists, that's been my experience anyway.

Most of these sites, especially those listed in the programs that do the sumissions automatically, roll off your link faster then you can put it up. So as far as helping relevency.. or generating traffic.. nope I don't think they help much...

BUT -- I do go ahead and let my wonderful program that automatically submits sites (purchased here btw *wink*) submit to all anyway. I have an EMail box I use specifically for submissions.. so I'm not bothered with all of the 'would be spam' generated.

I've had nothing but good luck with the submission tool using it for the 'all or nothing' promotions:)

Statistically speaking -- the free 4 all links pages have MAYBE generated 1/16th percent of my visitors... the key here is that I know for fact two of my sales came from this 1/16th percent :)

Another thing to be considered is the fact that these free4all sites are also being spidered by other various engines... (chain reaction affect)

Word of mouth and happy clients still offer the best results:)

Deb

Replies from other people:

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)