deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Re: Forward page? I think?
From David A on 29 March '00
replying to Forward page? I think? posted by Lisa

>Hello.
>
>I have replaced the index page on my old site (which the URL I listed above)with a page forwarding folks to my new site using the "refresh" meta tag. (I am unsure what these pages are called, which is why I have not been able to search for help.) When you go to the old site, it clicks through to the new site BUT the problem is that the URL appears to be the same in the bar, my terminology is not good, the bar where you type in URL's. So while folks are really at www.anankehennaart.com, it tells them that they are still at www.members.xoom.com/AnankeHenna. I have carefully scrutinized my html and I can't for the life of me understand what is happening. Is it something that Xoom is doing? I have deleted all the old pages from my Xoom site. Anybody's help would be SO GRATEFULLY appreciated. Thanks! :)
>Lisa

If zoom uses frames it would cause the URL to not change. Meaning if when it did forward you to the new page it still showed a Xoom frame along the top then this might cause it. I think I have seen some free hosts do this. Here is the fix. First put your index page back up on Xoom then put this code into the body tag of your new index page (the one that is forwarded to).
<code>onLoad="if (self != top) top.location = self.location"</code>

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message