deadlock Message Board
[ May Full List | Reply ]

Re: My wife asks, when IŽll have results from my work on my site ?
From Brian on 31 May '00
replying to My wife asks, when IŽll have results from my work on my site ? posted by Hans Biedermann

YOur meta tags stink!
<META name="DESCRIPTION" content="This site is dedicated to the newcomer-webmaster. Here you find everything for creating, hosting and promoting your new web site, and the most for free: graphics, hosting, marketing tips, site critique, e-book compiler, web design, services and tools, email, a web resources directory and much more.">
<META name="KEYWORDS" content="free marketing tips,graphics,backgrounds,buttons,hosting,e-book,web space,site critique,directory,news letter,classifieds,compiler,ebooks,page checker,webmaster,provider,design,message board,news,search engines, newsletter,downloads,email,web design,promotion software,meta tag generator,ebook compiler,web services,internet,resources,submitting,tools,Url registration">

It should be like this instead.

If you want the deciding factor to be free marketing tips then it should be

<META name="DESCRIPTION" content="Free marketing tips dedicated to the newcomer-webmaster. Here you find everything for creating, hosting and promoting your new web site, and the most for free: graphics, hosting, marketing tips, site critique, e-book compiler, web design, services and tools, email, a web resources directory and much more.">
<META name="KEYWORDS" content="free marketing tips,graphics,backgrounds,buttons,hosting,e-book,web space,site critique,directory,news letter,classifieds,compiler,ebooks,page checker,webmaster,provider,design,message board,news,search engines, newsletter,downloads,email,web design,promotion software,meta tag generator,ebook compiler,web services,internet,resources,submitting,tools,Url registration">

You have too many keywords I sugjest that if you want to keep these keywords then build other pages that will use them and not water down your main index.html
page.

I just use one keyword and a short 6 letter description and I rank #1 out of more than 50,000 other sites(hotbot)

I found out if you keep submitting to hotbot as the only inktomi you submit to then
you will never get rasied in the rankings but if you submit to other inktomi engines you'll be placed higher in hotbot......strange...

Well keep uup the good work.

Brian

You should use GOLIVE or Netobgjects but it takes a while if you teach yourself.

Do what I do read all the graphic magazines that come with HTML freebies in them.

>Servus mitananda!
>(= Hi everybody, in Austrian/German)
>
>My wife asks, when IŽll have results from my work ? And I donŽt know the answer. I started my site beginning of this year, invested a lot of time and some people say they result isnŽt too bad. But almost no results.
>IŽve got some top ranking in Alta Vista and few others (most of them still ignore me), unique visitors are about 50 -100 a day, but ......
>Sometimes I believe IŽm investing my time on the wrong place, or am I too inpatient ?
>Please tell me something I could tell my wife, sheŽs really poor with such an obsessed husband.
>
>Thanks and Servus
>Hans

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message