deadlock Message Board
[ May Full List | Reply ]

Re: Even my meta tag stinks,
From Hans at Marketing, Graphics and so on 5 June '00
replying to Re: My wife asks, when Iīll have results from my work on my site ? posted by Brian

Thank you Brian for your nice comment and tips.

Even when my meta tags stink, results for the begin arenīt too bad:
Alta Vista search for *marketing tips* 1st position, *free marketing tips* only second position, but from almost 5 million found pages, *e-book* 6th position, some few good positions in other SEs, a 6th place in Open Directory, registered at Snap, etc.

To put *free marketing tips* in beginning of description is a good idea anyhow, thanks.

I continue trying hard !

Servus

Hans

>YOur meta tags stink!
><META name="DESCRIPTION" content="This site is dedicated to the newcomer-webmaster. Here you find everything for creating, hosting and promoting your new web site, and the most for free: graphics, hosting, marketing tips, site critique, e-book compiler, web design, services and tools, email, a web resources directory and much more.">
><META name="KEYWORDS" content="free marketing tips,graphics,backgrounds,buttons,hosting,e-book,web space,site critique,directory,news letter,classifieds,compiler,ebooks,page checker,webmaster,provider,design,message board,news,search engines, newsletter,downloads,email,web design,promotion software,meta tag generator,ebook compiler,web services,internet,resources,submitting,tools,Url registration">
>
>
>
>It should be like this instead.
>
>
>If you want the deciding factor to be free marketing tips then it should be
>
><META name="DESCRIPTION" content="Free marketing tips dedicated to the newcomer-webmaster. Here you find everything for creating, hosting and promoting your new web site, and the most for free: graphics, hosting, marketing tips, site critique, e-book compiler, web design, services and tools, email, a web resources directory and much more.">
><META name="KEYWORDS" content="free marketing tips,graphics,backgrounds,buttons,hosting,e-book,web space,site critique,directory,news letter,classifieds,compiler,ebooks,page checker,webmaster,provider,design,message board,news,search engines, newsletter,downloads,email,web design,promotion software,meta tag generator,ebook compiler,web services,internet,resources,submitting,tools,Url registration">
>
>
>You have too many keywords I sugjest that if you want to keep these keywords then build other pages that will use them and not water down your main index.html
>page.
>
>I just use one keyword and a short 6 letter description and I rank #1 out of more than 50,000 other sites(hotbot)
>
>
>I found out if you keep submitting to hotbot as the only inktomi you submit to then
>you will never get rasied in the rankings but if you submit to other inktomi engines you'll be placed higher in hotbot......strange...
>
>
>
>Well keep uup the good work.
>
>
>
>Brian
>
>
>
>You should use GOLIVE or Netobgjects but it takes a while if you teach yourself.
>
>Do what I do read all the graphic magazines that come with HTML freebies in them.
>
>
>
>
>
>>Servus mitananda!
>>(= Hi everybody, in Austrian/German)
>>
>>My wife asks, when Iīll have results from my work ? And I donīt know the answer. I started my site beginning of this year, invested a lot of time and some people say they result isnīt too bad. But almost no results.
>>Iīve got some top ranking in Alta Vista and few others (most of them still ignore me), unique visitors are about 50 -100 a day, but ......
>>Sometimes I believe Iīm investing my time on the wrong place, or am I too inpatient ?
>>Please tell me something I could tell my wife, sheīs really poor with such an obsessed husband.
>>
>>Thanks and Servus
>>Hans

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message