deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

site indexing...why theirs and not mine?
From Kathleen at Lewis Gardens on 25 April '01
Hello! I have had my gardening-related web site (http://www.lewisgardens.com) up since August and I still can't seem to get indexed - at least not on the search engines. My site is all information based - no products being sold - and I average about 25 visits per day. I am listed in Open Directory, Looksmart, Netscape, and I believe a few others (attempting to get into Yahoo). However, in the search engines, I am listed very poorly and I don't quite understand why. I have submitted my site - manually - to nearly all the engines - for the last few months. I believe I have all my content and Meta tags the way they should be in order to be listed high (although I think I may need to shorten my description tag). When I do a search on one of my keywords, flower gardening, I can't even find my site. I took a look at the Meta tags for the sites that ranked high for this keyword and I could not find rhyme-nor-reason why they would be listed higher than my site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message