deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: site indexing...why theirs and not mine?
From Dale on 25 April '01
replying to site indexing...why theirs and not mine? posted by Kathleen

>Hello! I have had my gardening-related web site (http://www.lewisgardens.com) up since August and I still can't seem to get indexed - at least not on the search engines. My site is all information based - no products being sold - and I average about 25 visits per day. I am listed in Open Directory, Looksmart, Netscape, and I believe a few others (attempting to get into Yahoo). However, in the search engines, I am listed very poorly and I don't quite understand why. I have submitted my site - manually - to nearly all the engines - for the last few months. I believe I have all my content and Meta tags the way they should be in order to be listed high (although I think I may need to shorten my description tag). When I do a search on one of my keywords, flower gardening, I can't even find my site. I took a look at the Meta tags for the sites that ranked high for this keyword and I could not find rhyme-nor-reason why they would be listed higher than my site. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I use, I was told the last line about Robots was important, but dont know myself, just added it in.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="MP3 file trading programs,O'neill High School,O'neill class of 1975,Graduates O'neill 1975,O'neill classmates,Regina Saskatchewan Canada,Metallica">
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="MP3 file trading programs, news, weather, classified ads, search engines, links, O'neill High School Class of 1975, Graduates O'Neill 1975, Classmates from O'neill 1975, Regina Saskatchewan Canada napster clones, MP3 programs">
<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="MP3 file trading programs, news, weather, classified ads, search engines, links, O'neill High School Class of 1975, Graduates O'Neill 1975, Classmates from O'neill 1975, Regina Saskatchewan Canada napster clones, MP3 programs">
<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="INDEX, NOFOLLOW">

Maybe the spiders dont like the below part of your code.

<META NAME="Version" CONTENT="8.0.3410">
<META NAME="Date" CONTENT="10/11/96">
<META NAME="Template" CONTENT="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\HTML.DOT">

Good Luck, nice looking site.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message