deadlock Message Board
[ June Full List | Reply ]

Re: Download directions
From IonZone on 16 June '99
replying to Download directions posted by Lisa

>I have asked this question before, but no one could help. I'm hoping that will be different this time. I create photo albums using Microsoft Powerpoint. I want to put examples of these albums on my website. However, the only way I can figure out to do this is by having visitors download a 17 min. file(@28.8)or by building HTML files within Powerpoint. The latter of these does not support the transition or sound effects which is a major part of the albums. I've tried putting the powerpoint viewer on my server in hopes that it would eliminate the long download. It didn't work. I've also tried using a powerpoint player(6 min. download)that requires Active X. No matter what I do, the visitor has to go through several steps(sometimes very long steps) in order to view the examples. My concern is that no one will stick around long enough or go through all the trouble to actually view any of my albums. Can someone please help me figure out a solution. I have no where else to turn. Thank you in advance.

Powerpoint is fine for desktop presentations but does not convert to the web easily, My suggestion is ditch powerpoint and do all your albums with a web browser. Its not as easy to put together the same kind of presentation but it can be done and it is more portable (more people have a free web browser than have M$ Office). Lose Powerpoint you don't need it, I know you may have to redo work but how long ago did you post your original question? You could have used this time to redo your albums and you would have been done already. I'm not trying to sound rude its just too early.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message