deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: home town web page(Thanks Darryl)
From karen at CrossvilleOnline on 16 July '99
replying to Re: home town web page posted by Darryl

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for responding to my message. Yes, Crossville.com is an ISP but they also have a page posted preparing to do the same thing I'm doing, I think. They also have a hometown web site for the town next door to us (30 miles down the road). But my current competitor has a site that is mostly a site of local events, happenings, schedules, etc. I don't want him to fail, in fact, I wouldn't mind linking to him if he were more receptive. However, he sent an email once claiming i was designing my site to look like his. Then he wouldn't link to a web page I designed for a local not-for-profit organization. He told them he wouldn't link to his competition. (the address would have read crossvilleonline.com/business name. So I set them up with a .com so they could get a link without my web site name attached.

We do list and link to businesses for free if they are local. I have only asked two to put me on their web site. I really should ask all of them to do so like you said. I'm going to take your advice and check for those business pages on the other ISPs like you suggested.
Our ISP suggested a banner on their page because so many people don't know they can change their home page and have the ISP as their home page. My ISP provider said that I need my URL right where people just have to click to find me and that is better than having my name in print. You can't click a newspaper ad.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm very grateful for all the responses I've gotten and to deadlock for the message board that has made them possible.

Karen

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message