deadlock Message Board
[ October Full List | Reply ]

Re: frames or no frames
From Gil at ListsNOW.com on 26 Oct '99
replying to frames or no frames posted by Andy

I've not had a problem getting indexed with frames, and I, too, like them for ease of navigation.

You need to make good use of your noframes page, using both meta tags and text, as well as your entrance page, in order to get maximum exposure with the SEs. You can see what I've done by calling up source for the page, not the frame, after entering our site.

You may also want to tag your non-dynamic interior pages, if you don't mind the engines finding them and linking to them without the frame (just means you need a way to call the framed version from each interior information page, take a look at our http://ListsNOW.com/uk varient for another example. It shows up independent of our main site in a number of engines)

Otherwise, be careful with your use of cells/tables. Remember that some of us with older eyes surf with larger fonts, and it messes with your layout, especially the 4 radio buttons to the right of your text.

The nice thing about proportional rather than pixel defined tables is that you can accomodate a lot of screen resolutions, but yours looks like you've ignored all the old small screen folks. I get hit by some of the same effect by keeping a relative small browser window on a very busy large screen, hate having to constantly widen/narrow/change fonts to accomodate different site designs.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message