deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: Your site
From Thad at Dental Distortions on 23 Nov '99
replying to Re: Your site posted by judy

>Looks good to me. I would get rid of the biblical quote. I'm catholic too but I try to stay away from any religious, political or other controversial matter on our web site.

Laura,

I agree with Judy. Bible quotes are great if you are selling to a Christian community, but you want to attract ALL people, so don't limit yourself.

Also, I like the 'cloud' background and I know you probably won't want to hear this, but lose it. Nothing sells better than white background with black or dark colored type. It's scientificly proven. Why not use your background to create a boarder on the right side of your page? If you want to, look at my site, that's what I did.

Judy-when I first saw your site, I couldn't tell what it was that you did. My eyes were drawn right to the large "BIC" logo. You should have a good size logo or header saying exactly what it is that you do.

For example, if you are a screenprinter specializing in promotional products, say so. (I'm sorry, it really isn't clear to me just exactly what it is that you do)

If I was going to design a homepage for your site, I would first design a logo that incorporated a short discription of what you provide, if you are dealing with popluar name brands, maybe they could be added to your header.

The collection of logos that you have in the middle of you page look like they were just thrown in there and they compete against your headline.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps...

Best regards,
Thad W

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message