deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

Re: Help with start up!
From Stephanie at Lingerie Monthly on 11 Jan '00
replying to Re: Help with start up! posted by David A

>>>I have recently started a web design business, mainly doing jobs on the side, but I have had trouble getting my name out there. Is there something wrong with my site? I have also been trying to get in the search engines such as Yahoo!, but it has been extremely difficult, and I haven't been able to get in, even though I have tried twice. I like to think that I do good work with web sites, but I just have some problems because I am on a limited budget (Such as I am a student in High School and I don't have any other income). The last thing that I wanted to ask about was what can you use to make an online shopping cart? I am going to be starting on a web site for a company that wants to sell things, and I don't know what to use to do this. Thanks
>>>
>>>Ed Siok
>>>Advanced Web Productions
>>>www.advwebpro.com
>>
>>
>>
>>I think your site is really cute and kewl! Don't spam your keywords.
>
>
>Quick tips;
>1. Lose the banners they look unprofessional.
>2. The graphics are nice but the load very slow.
>3. Your keywords need commas between them or the SEs think its one phrase.
>4. You should have some body text on the page to support the description and keywords.
We just got listed on Yahoo by finding a link to email for problems (I found the link just surfing around in there). We politely explained that we had been trying for over a year to get in, very politely....it worked!

We are switching to this shopping cart service, it comes highly recomended by some experienced colleagues: www.mountain-net.com .
Hope this helps.
Stephanie
Lingerie Monthly
http://www.lingeriemonthly.com

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message