deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Re: need advice on getting business
From Andy on 23 March '00
replying to need advice on getting business posted by stephanie

>Hello. I've frequented this forum, a lot and I love it. I have my own website and business. Now I would also like to build websites for others. Any advice on getting the business and any software I should invest in? Thank you , all comments are appreciated!
>Stephanie

Before I would think about gtting into business for myself, I would check out a local FastTrack business course. Here is a link to the one that I took in Ohio:
http://www.ofee.org/
In FastTrack 1 you create a feasability study and in FastTrack 2 you create a business plan. I already knew my business was feasable for my market so I only took FT2. The success rates of the entrepreneurs who take a course like this is very high as compared to those who just jump in without a well thought out plan.

As far as software I would get MS Office if you don't already have it, QuickBooks is excellent accounting software.

Andy

oh.. I just found the FastTrack stats

98% still in business 3 years later
40% average annual sales growth rate
4% growing at 250% per year
53 new job positions created and filled
$4 million in external capital obtained to fuel growth (debt and equity)
30% of FastTrac I grads start up
We reverse the national statisitcs! The United States Small Business administration states that 80% of all businesses that start up fail within 3 years.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message