deadlock Message Board
[ January Full List | Reply ]

Re: Cold Fusion for Sendmail (sending date in a form)??
From Hup at AddALL Book Searching and Price Comparison on 30 Jan '99
replying to Cold Fusion for Sendmail (sending date in a form)?? posted by Bradley

Hi,
If you simply just want to let your customers submit information and mail to you,
you DON'T need to waste a lot of effort in learning Cold Fusion, which
may at least spend you a couple of months. Ask a sample CGI from your ISP,
if they don't provide it for free, then, switch it!
It will be a very very simple program unless you want to have shopping cart feature.

Cold Fusion is simple for a person who already have some programming
experience. You get to know SQL, HTML language, and ability of tolerance its poor
and silly debug feature.
It's not as powerful, stable as cgi language like Perl, especially when you have
a NT base Cold Fusion server, it may be crashed very frequently.

>I am trying to develop a form that my customers can use to submit information. Unfortunately, my knowledge of programming is very limited. I recently spoke with my web design/hosting company and they indicated that Cold Fusion is a more powerful and easier than using CGI scripts.
>
>Does anyone know how to program using Cold Fusion? Is this something that I could develop on my own (I have VERY little programming knowledge)? Are there any resources on the internet that I can learn from?
>
>I heard that Cold Fusion is "like" HTML, and I have designed my site fromt he ground up with HTML, so I can understand this language fairly well.
>
>Ilook forward to anyone's reply.
>
>Bradley

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email: