deadlock Message Board
[ August Full List | Reply ]

Re: Intelectual copyright, web style.
From CyberEye® at Web Promotion, Search Engines, Meta Tags on 7 August '00
replying to Re: Intelectual copyright, web style. posted by David

>Did you ever just think of asking them to use the photos?
>
>You confused me about that the pictures were from 1907 so the copyright has expired but yet you still want to get permission?
>
>I think copyrights are only for what 20-30 years?
>
>You can always put a notice of in small text that all use of images
>that are used are of your own and or of expired copyrighted pictures.
>
>You may also use copyrighted pictures if it falls under the fair use
>law. (Cybereye why do you use the tiger? Did you really ask hollywood reps for permission to sell a service? Unless you also fall
>under the fair use law.)
>
>Was it Hooters that used to use the chicken(Fog Horn Leghorn)?
>They were told to use a different picture. Or was it called something else?
>
>
>------Cyber-eye you do not practice what you preach.
>You do not have a theme on your page and you are not on the top 10
>either on hotbot or infoseek.
>If you want an easy build theme use Netobjects. The child pages inherit the parents properties so its a fast and an easy build.
>Plus you have too much text that is centered. This defeats readability and also deafeats a professional looking site.
>Sweep it up! Try and use more tables and borders.
>
>If you want I can build a prototype of your site for free but it wont be on the web cuz I dont want some jerk submitting a temporary site.
>
>Oh and another thing about submitting I do not think we can spam the SE's anymore by submitting the same page more than 10 times a day.
>
>They put in protective measures to prevent spam and save us the hassles of just in case we did and knock us off the index!!!!!!
>(Cool moves!)
>
>
>
>David
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>David
>
>
>
>>I have been thinking of setting up a web site of just late using an old medical dictionary A-Z as a basis of giving people a laugh?? the book is out of coppy right because its dated 1906 and was given to an eighteen year old pioneer going to Africa.
>>I was going to use it for a first stage in drawing people to my web site, and eventualy sell afiliated programs or something on those lines.
>>It's a great book to read, and it's a wonder anyone survived after taking some of the potions that where on offer at the turn of the century, there is some fantastic answers to the questions posed at the time of the book being wrote, and i suppose that they where acurate enough at the time, but compared with medical understandings of todays modern sergury, they should give even a person with no medical background a good laugh.
>>Take Freckles for instance, they give the symptoms as only apearing in hot or very windy wether.
>>The cure to remove them is to paint the face night and morning with, 1 grain of mercury to an ounce of water, till the signs disapear,,,,
>>I wonder did anyone survive to see the freckles had disapeared?????
>>What i wes intending to do was compare the old with the new,but how can i print something that is clearly still in coppy right,has anyone got any ideas as to how to over come this dilema, as i would be most greatful. yours DAVE..

"Tiger"? I can't think of a tiger anywhere.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message