deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Re: Digital Cameras/Scanners/Photos
From Jim Perry at Palmares of Wlite Women Cycle Racers on 8 March '01
replying to Digital Cameras/Scanners/Photos posted by Gil

I too am not a professional photographer, but I have a lot of nice looking photos (okay, it helps to have nice looking subjects!) on my web site.

All of my photos were taken with a low-end (about $450) 35-mm SLR camera. They were then scanned using a Microtek E-3 scanner (about $200 when I bought it a few years back). The scanner came with image editing software which enables file format conversion.

If I would change anything, I would use slower speed film. Most of my shots were taken with 400 speed film. These bike racers are fast, but not _that_ fast. I will use 200 or 100 speed in the future. This is on the recommendation of a professional photographer. The 400 speed begins to exhibit some slight graininess upon enlargement to 8x10.

I am very happy with my equipment. I would recommend "biting the bullet" and spending at least a little bit of money.

Jim Perry

>I would like to put photos on my site. If I buy any digital camera (i.e. the cheapest $69 Polaroid) will the photos work on my site. If not, since I'm unable to afford an expensive camera, should I just get a scanner, and will the least expensive scanner work. What specs should I look for in a camera or scanner? Thanks all! Great site Jim!

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message