deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Anybody using Checknique?
From David at Emetrix on 4 April '99
replying to Re: Anybody using Checknique? posted by Darryl

I'll tell you what, though. If any unauthorized charges come through on your credit card account, you are backed 100% by the credit card company. All you have to do is fill out a dispute form, and your account is automaticaly credited while the dispute is processed. (That means you aren't out any money while the month long process continues) In the absolute worst case scenario, you are only responsible by law to pay a maximum of $50 for all unauthorized charges on your account, but usually you don't pay a dime. However, with checks, unauthorized withdrawls will be handeled differently with every bank. And if someone drains your checking account, you will have big problems when checks start bouncing. Maybe your bank won't charge you an overdraft penalty, but you can bet that the merchants you wrote the checks to aren't going to care why your account was empty, and they will each ding you at least $20, which can add up fast. I would prefer to give a cc over a check number anyday, unless I recognized the business as a well established, trustworthy operation, in which case it wouln't matter either way...
Just my 2 cents worth!
David

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)