deadlock Message Board
[ November Full List | Reply ]

Re: What's the goal
From David A on 28 Nov '99
replying to What's the goal posted by Joe

>I have had two sites online for about a year now and the evolution has been remarkable. I remember when I first went "live", it seemed like the goal was to simply get as many hits as was possible. Then I turned to refining my placement with the SE's and eventually obtaining my own CATEGORY in Yahoo and becoming an ODP editor for my associated category. Here I type, a full year later and I am going back to my descriptions and changing them to "ONLY click here if you are .........." In effect, I have only become interested in quality impressions and hits. Can some of you who have been online for quite some time tell me if this is the norm? And if so, where will I be headed in the future. I suppose that pure traffic is only the goal when selling ads or playing the numbers. I eagerly await your responses, you too Jim.
>Joe

I'm selling a product to a fairly specific audience. Its hard enough to get quality targeted traffic to buy something. Random visitors are just sucking up bandwidth. Basically I would rather have 5 hits from motivated buyers than 500 from people who don't care about my product.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message