deadlock Message Board
[ June Full List | Reply ]

Re: How do I implement Hallway pages?
From Hope on 26 June '01
replying to How do I implement Hallway pages? posted by Clare C

First thing you need to understand is that doorway pages do not work anymore. They worked last year, but this year the search engines do not like them.

Search engines like Information Pages. These pages have actual content. They are topic specific and informative. They would be just like a regular page to your website. These type of pages are only necessary if your pages have "?" in the url (ie. dynamic pages).

A hallway pages is basically a site map. It links to all your pages. These links need to be text links. It doesn't need to be attractive, but it does need to be informative. All your pages should link back to the hallway page, just like you would with a site map.

It really doesn't matter where you place your hallway page on your server. The search engines don't really care.

I hope this answers all of your questions.

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering what the best way would be to implement Hallway pages? Currently I have several doorway pages set up and I was planning to list links to these pages on a hallway page.
>My understanding of the hall page is a list of links to doorways pages that all point to the website of which you are promoting. You submit the index page and the hallway page of your site, and a spider will hopefully index the home page and follow the links on the page (this is where the spider should follow the link to the hallway page, therefore indexing the doorway pages.)
>Does anyone out there know if you need to place links within the hallway page back to specific pages on the main site (so the search engines donít just think that the page is just a links to doorway pages.)
>Can the doorway pages be placed in a sub-directory folder instead of residing at the root of the main website, does this make a difference?
>As anyone out there have any suggestions on this matter?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Clare

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message