deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Web registration and promotion
From P.J. on 1 April '99
replying to Web registration and promotion posted by S. Chin

>Hello: I am a neophyte to web site registration and promotion. My particular question is: What are the pros and cons to using the multitude of web registration and promotion services? Other than paying for levels of services: registration, monitoring, updates, etc., do they really do a better job than I can myself? Obviously, they have the expertise to submit my site faster and more efficiently into more search engines than I, but are they really consistently successful? I can't find much pro/con info out there - yet. Thanks for your help!

A couple of months ago I purchased some submission software that was designed to submit my URL to 100's of Search Engines, but to be honest with you, in the end, all of the traffic I got was from the major SE's that we all know about (Hotbot, Alta Vista, Infoseek, etc.). So in summary, I got the same results (even better) for the pages I submitted manually to the major engines. In part it might be because some of the engines detect sites submited via software and penalize for it. So nowaday I just submit to the major's manually and get decent results. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message