deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Yahoo and categories
From Rafe Kemmis at Pure Jenny McCarthy on 13 April '99
replying to Yahoo and categories posted by Georgie Farmer

Hi,
Try reading through the special Yahoo! section of deadlock. It has tons of tips and info about submitting your site. I have been successful with Yahoo! with my webpages. I find that if you make a good website that loads fast, looks nice, and attracts attention of the yahoo staff member, you will get listed on yahoo in a jiffy. ALWAYS make sure all your anchors, links, and pictures are correct before you submit. You should never have anything on your site that takes away the profesional standard that Yahoo! wants representing their network. You can check out my work if you like. My website is #1 when searching for 'jenny mccarthy pictures' on Yahoo!. http://snow.icestorm.com/mccarthy/ . I have also made my pages very browser friendly so it makes an impact no matter what browser is being used.

If you would like me to take a look at your website and make some specific suggestions, just email me or reply to this post.

GOOD to be of service.
-Rafe kemmis
>Hi,
>
>This is my first visit to deadlock (very impressive) and this Board. I wonder if someone can advise me about Yahoo. I am listed No 1 with Yahoo under keyword "typing tutor" in their WEB PAGES section, but I don't appear in the category section. At the time of submission, I only chose one category
>
>Do people look in the web page section? Do you think over time I will pop up in the category I chose or do I need to do something else?
>
>Any advice you can give me would be much appreciated.
>
>Cheers,
>Georgie

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive