deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Getting more traffic!
From Steve on 23 April '99
replying to Getting more traffic! posted by Brandon Blum

>Hi all, I have't posted here in a long time, but I was wondering from any 'big site' owners if they could answer this question. My site is getting almost 4,000 uniques daily and I am not sure how I can get more uniques, I have already set up links with other similar sites and in almost every search engine? Is there anything else possible to do or is it all just word of mouth?
>Brandon

Some suggestions:

- Get linked from sites that are slightly different, but along the same lines as yours - free sounds, Webmaster forums. If you are linked from mainly graphics sites, you may not get clicked if people find what they need on your refering site.

- Subtle Usenet advertising. Take part in discussions and put your URL in your sig. line.

- Your mail list form is great for repeats, but you need a "Tell a Friend" form for new traffic.

- Write some articles and submit them to online and offline zines, the WWIO, and other content providers. Always mention your URL a few times in the article, but again, in a subtle way.

Other suggestions:

- Buy one of those "Send 20 e-mails to every Internet User" and spam the planet.

- Spray paint your URL on busy highway overpasses, watertowers, the city bus fleet, etc.

- Write a virus that infects every broweser, making your site the start page

- Create a snooty portal site that ignores submissions with categories that go on and on that never lead to any links. You'll be the number one site in the World ;P

STEVE

• Steve - Dumb Dave - 26/04/99

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)