>>>Ads in the local paper
>>>Article in the chamber newsletter
>>>Attend chamber events
>>>barter with a local sign company
>>>created links and got posted in a local sports newspaper
>>>
>>>
>>>What else can I do? I am on a tight budget. Thanks

You missed one of the most valuable low cost, sweat equity sources of qualified traffic, negotiating reciprocal and referral links with other sites that reach similar interests.

This is valuable traffic because it is effectively prequalified in interest.

Of course, I return the favor.

I look for good sites (emphasis on good) that compliment what I do and contact them with a personal e-mail explaining that I have seen their site, what I like about it and asking permission to add them to my resources areas. The listings add value to my site because I am very picky about who I want to add and they are truly useful to my visitors. If permission is granted, I follow up asking that they return the favor, most do.

This is my second largest continuing source of traffic, led only by search engines, although when I spend on off line advertising or get press mentions I definitely feel the bump.

You have a raft of sites listed under Frisco on the Net already - most should be amenable to returning the favor.

I'm also starting to look at pay-per-click, and, depending on your keywords, GoTo can be reasonable. ePilot, a relatively new player here is still quite inexpensive. Don't know if they would draw for a regional interest site or not.

Gil
ListsNOW.com
http://listsnow.com

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message