deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Re: Yahoo emailed me ...HELP!!
From Darryl Brown at Make Your Site Talk.com "Coming Soon!" Sign Up! Click Here! on 27 March '00
replying to Re: Yahoo emailed me ...HELP!! posted by Anne

hmmmm! I don't know what to tell you....you might work on free content for your visitors...nit links. Also I would not do Business Express. Why? Because you
might get the same answer and they will get your money. Try adding the conent...Fine web pages in your Industry and look for articles that would fit on your site and
ask for permission to put it on your site. Most people will let you do this if you link back to their site.

Hope this helps!

>Actually, the editor wrote that in a little paragraph at the end of a generic form. We think it is Netscape that is causing the problem. They have a list of browsers that your site must work with... I think we have it fixed. I will take your advice and reply directly to him.
>
>Yahoo is getting VERY picky - they won't accept anything less than perfect... I found their minimum criteria... and they obviously are very serious about it:
>
> The site must be a commercial web site based in the United States with the official business name visible to any visitor to that site;
>
> This site must not already appear in the Directory;
>
> The site must support multiple browsers and capabilities (e.g. no Java only sites);
>
> This site must be in the English language;
>
> The site must not contain any parts under construction;
>
> All links on the site must work (and must link to relevant content);
>
> The site must contain substantively unique content, as determined by Yahoo!'s editorial staff;
>
> The site must clearly define the purpose, products, and/or services of the business;
>
> The site must be up and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
>
> The site must not contain any content, products, services or other information that, in Yahoo!'s reasonable determination, may be illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, that may infringe or violate anyone's rights, or that, Yahoo! believes, in its sole discretion, is inflammatory, offensive, or otherwise inconsistent with the spirit of Yahoo! Business Express.
>
>
>
>It took almost 3 months for them to get to THAT first submission!!
>
>If I have the extra funds, I guess I will consider the business express!!
>
>>Sounds like a generic message. Yes I would reply to email. If that does not work, submit your site again. Go back through your site and click on every link.
>>
>>Good Luck!
>>
>>
>>>I just received an email from Yahoo stating that they wouldn't list my site at this time due to the fact that 'job search' links are leading to error pages and my site appears to be under construction. I am not seeing this, and I haven't had a single health care professional looking for a job, nor recruiters who post jobs on my site have an issue with this... I am not sure what to do at this point. Any advice or critiques of my site?? Should I email Yahoo back - or geez, what??

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message