deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: I wish everyone would boycott Yahoo
From Brian on 27 July '00
replying to Re: I wish everyone would boycott Yahoo posted by Kimberly

THey must be using experimental bots to index your site or something but I saw nothing wrong with your html.

But again you might want to http over tot eh html validator site and and enter your url and see what it says..

Index spiders should be advanced by now to read even java script so maybe a spider is crashing on your many comments? I dont know.

Back to installing linux..............

Brian

>>I totally agree with you. I have submitted my site multiple times to yahoo and even though there are only one site on yahoo so far with Cosworth cars (poor one it is too) they seem unvilling to add my site to the index.
>>I do not understand the reason for this but I can think of one good reason why some pages never get indexed: The editors are humans and I suppose they get too many submissions to visit all the sites. Because of that they visit the sites which have something they are interested in, and never visit sites with subjects that they think are boring. So: If all the editors at Yahoo hate cooking, there are very small chances that any site that has to do with cooking will be added to Yahoo.
>>But that's my point of wiew....
>>
>>Sigmund
>
>
>Yahoo is now telling me I have HTML codes showing which is not true. I had many people check my page on differnet browsers and no one else can see any code showing. I email them back to tell them they have a real problem with there browswer and at this point all I can do is boycott Yahoo and hope other do too.
>Kimberly

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message