deadlock Message Board
[ December Full List | Reply ]

Multilingual Sites
From Norbert L Brodtmann at Solar-Power-Simulation on 10 Dec '99
Hi

Well, I am new in the internet business. I just launched my first web site a few weeks ago. Currently I am doing the revue to make it friendly for the search engines. What I did not found in all expertises is the following item:

 The site www.solarware.de promotes (and sells) the software Solar-Power-Simulation multilingual (currently English and German Version, however I'm going to ad some more).

 Due to my researches it seams to me, that some engines only support the native language. Fireball says just German, Yahoo just English. Does this mean to be a restriction for a whole site or just for a particular page?

 The site is strictly organized by language in separate native-pages with a similar contents.

 Do you have suggestions concerning keywords and meta-tags for such a multilingual site?

 Do you prefer to have the meta-tags also organized and separated by language for each native-page.

 What's your opinion concerning hyphens which I prefer to use in "Solar-Power-Simulation" seen from the point of keywords. Do I get a positive result also for "Solar Power Simulation" or "Simulation + solar + power" ?

 Some people say using Meta Tag within the frame - which I like very well for the optical touch an feel - will be a good solution to avoid problems with robots. Do you agree, especially as I use a home page without a frame?

I'll be glad to hear from you and would be pleased if you visit www.solarware.de

Best regards

Norbert L. Brodtmann

WWW.SOLARWARE.DE
solarmail@solarware.de
FAX ..49/5241/68621

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message