deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Re: Doorway Pages and Web Position Gold
From David A on 14 Feb '00
replying to Re: Doorway Pages and Web Position Gold posted by Inachu

>>This weekend I downloaded Web Position Gold, and it seems to emphasise the use of different Doorway Pages for the main search engines. My first question, is this logical and correct? Is Web Position Gold worth buying? and, I have created one Doorway Page for Alta Vista using the URL http://www.a-zparishotels.com/index_av, however I have already submitted an index page a week ago, but am not listed yet. Will Alta Vista list both URL's or will I be classed as spamming? In addition, all my pages have meta tags including the tags from my original home page plus others (all tags are the same except for the index's) - is this a bad idea, again will the search engines think I am spamming? If anyone can help me or give me a site review I would appreciate it.

Personally I feel a site can be designed to rank well on almost all SEs without the need for any doorway pages. Sometimes I will use a doorway page if 1 particular SE is giving me problems. Most of the SEs are saying to wait up to 6 weeks to see if your site is listed.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message