deadlock Message Board
[ July Full List | Reply ]

Re: spamdexing question - keywords
From T J Daniels at ''POETRY'' by: T. J. Daniels on 30 July '00
replying to Re: spamdexing question - keywords posted by CyberEye®

>>Hi Vicki.
>>
>>I'm not sure about the other SE's but I'm listed on Yahoo.com. As far as kw's go, here's the main kw's for my site. I use the same kw's on all of my pages. <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="t j daniels,tjdaniels,tjdanielspoetry,t j daniels poetry,poetry by t j daniels. My site even comes up just using t j & tj. I surprised myself by
>
>typing it daniels and my site showed up. I noticed that my site doesn't show up using tjdanielspoetry but it does using tj daniels poetry. I haven't really checked out the other SE's that I'm listed on, such as Google.com Hope this info helps.
>>
>>>I read on a website (http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/18/13/ib1813.003.html) about "spamdexing" where a person repeats keywords excessively. They say "Limit the keyword list to fewer than 1,000 characters and use individual keywords no more than seven times."
>>>
>>>Would you surmise from that statement that it is okay to have some repetition such as:
>>>
>>>copier parts
>>>copier supplies
>>>digital copier supplies
>>>color copier supplies
>>>(etc.)
>>>
>>>As long as I didn't have the words "copier" or "supplies" more than seven times?
>>>
>>>And it sounds like SE will only use those *phrases*. If someone just types "copier" and I don't have that in our keywords or our homepage then they might not find our site, right?
>>>
>>>- Vicki
>Key Words
>TJ: This is not a personal attack :) your keywords should be something like (no commas): "poetry poems poetic poem POEMS POETRY POEM Poems Poetry Poem by t j daniels love romantic inspirational friendship poetry poem poems TJ DANIELS Tj Daniels tJ daniels poetry poems poetic poem " . What you've done so far is simply create some semi-unique terms that will always come up because you are searching for them specificalyy, i.e. "jeffslittledogcamealong" can be #1 on all seacrh engines, simply because it is unique. See? Is this what y'all were takjing about, or have I got it wrong. Also, there is no "7 word rule," just don't overdo it, and why not just keep it less than 7? Cheers.

Hi CyberEye.

Thanks for the quick response. I did not think your post was an attack, but thank you for letting me know for sure.*s* Vicki wanted to know how many times that she could use the word 'copier' without being concidered 'spamdexing'. To use the 'coma' or not to use it, that is the question. I chose to use it, basically to create the different phrases. When I first started using meta tags some years ago, I noticed that when using 'poetry' I was 'buried'. So I started using my 'penname' T J Daniels because I noticed that many people were using that in the SE's to find my poetry site. And you're right about creating the uniqueness. Type in _poetry_ in the SE's sometime.lol

Again, thanks for your response.

Cheers.

TJ

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message