deadlock Message Board
[ August Full List | Reply ]

Re: Will running an identical website under several separate domain addresses cause SE listing problems/conflicts?
From Inachu at Help Desk Club on 28 August '00
replying to Will running an identical website under several separate domain addresses cause SE listing problems/conflicts? posted by Tyler

Hi there I guess you did not read the response I gave you so instead I'll go ahead and spam
and make extra copies of my website on different webservers ok?

Notice I am in #3rd place on Hotbot when you search the term "help desk club"

Today is monday August the 28th. Check on Tuesday my rankings on hotbot after 5pm(EST)

After then you will not see me in the rankings....

PROOF that search engines still do not like mirrored websites.

Inachu

>Hello,
>
>I have developed a product that I think would be an exceptoinal seller as a home-based internet business. I would like to offer my product to a limited number of dealers. My concern is that I will lose interested parties by not offering a pre-built website to go along with the product line for those who can't or don't wish to make their own. However, I do not want to have to build a new website for every time a customer elects this option. Having said this, I would like to License-out the use of MY website as long as it's running under a different domain name. Would this cause search engine conflicts or otherwise penalize all of us if we had the same site on the net selling the same products but under different domains? Would changing title and meta tags make any difference? Would it be noticed by SE's. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>
>Tyler

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message