deadlock Message Board
[ September Full List | Reply ]

Re: Making the pages title and meta description the same?
From David A on 5 Sept '00
replying to Re: Making the pages title and meta description the same? posted by Tyler

>I've read on several sites about this subject but have yet to see info on wether or not making the pages title the same as the meta tag - description, poses any SE listing problems. Does it matter if they are the same, or is it better to provide a "sheeps clothing" phrase for the meta description that essentially restates the title tags statement but is not an exact copy? Also, if my website is a total of 10 pages, all relevant to the same topic with no other deviation to the same, is it necessary to provide meta tags for the remaining pages following the home/index page? Will placing a NO FOLLOW meta tag on the index page cause the SE's to be wary of the content that the rest of the site contains - that is, that I'm trying to somehow hide something, and therefore turn the site down? I ask this because the only reason my website spans over 10 pages is to mainly decrease page loading times. Other than this, the content is a progressive extention of the homepage, which introduces a single product line with the remaining pages displaying the product and how to get it. Thanks in advance for any comments....Tyler

If you have 10 similar pages you could try different tag/title cobminations on each page to see which ones work best.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message