deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

A distinct possibility
From Phil Goutell at Resources for mail order businesses on 15 Feb '01
replying to Is Cold Fusion the problem? posted by Wendy

>I'm working on promoting our website and noticed our SE ranking is very low, if any at all. We have a title, Meta tags and description but for some reason we are not added to several SEs (I submit once a week). I've been to several sites which offer free website checkups and all of them conclude that we are missing a title, meta tags, and content- which is the contrary. What gives? Could the problem be that we use Cold Fusion/ CGI query links?
>
>
>I just read somewhere that the crawlers do not read CGI links and I must submit each page individually. But even if I submit each page individually- they're still not reading our meta tags. Any suggestions or thoughts?
>
>Our site is: www.wefa.com

Wendy -- I looked at your site, downloaded your home page, and tried to view it with Allaire HomeSite which did not react too well (to my surprise.)

I think you've answered your own question.

I was exploring a similar issue recently -- forums which create HTML pages "on the fly" but archive only text. The search engine hits the main page but that's all. The others are ignored. (So we decided to go with different forum software.)

The search engines have a distinct bias toward conventional HTML pages. How it all works, who can say!

-- Good Luck!

-- Phil

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message