deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Diversion gives two titles
From Dale on 14 April '01
replying to Diversion gives two titles posted by Roy Davies

>I created a Website for a customer at
>www.estorewarehouse.com/gtb I call this the base site
>
>This is hosted on a site using eShowcase software templates.
>
>I used Uk2 to get a domain name and purchased cloaked redirection to the base site
>The domain name is www.gtbnorthwest.co.uk I call this the domain site although of course it is the same as the base site.
>
>However if I log on to the domain siteand look at the source code I see that it is a frames page and also there are two TITLES. You can see this for yourself if you call up www.gtbnorthwest.co.uk
>
>I understand firstly that two TITLES on a page can cause a problem with search engines and secondly a frame page should be avoided (this is in your FAQs).
>
>The answer seems to be submit the BASE SITE only to search engines but the snag with that is a potential customer will only get the base site name up in the title bar etc so that is all he will bookmark. The domain name is of course OK for the side of the customers van etc.
>
>Can you comment and what would you submit to search engines?
>
>Thanks
>
>Roy

Not real sure on the 2 titles, but as far as search engine submitting, go to www.yahoo.com and suggest your own site, thier are a few pages general questions ,your location, type of business etc. and also thier are some other programs you can use in that area of the site to submit to multiple search engines. I would post this message at http://www.htmlhelp.com/bbs/ good tips/help thier.

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message