deadlock Message Board
[ April Full List | Reply ]

Re: Can't get indexed - Please help
From Hope on 19 April '01
replying to Can't get indexed - Please help posted by Will Moss

You first page is in frames because of your host. Don't submit that page. Search engines hate frames.
I have looked at your meta tags on the second page. You need to remove all of these:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<meta name="resource-type" content="document">
<meta name="distribution" content="Global">
<meta name="copyright" content="wm-design">
<meta name="author" content="Will Moss">
<meta name="robots" content="All">
<meta name="rating" content="General">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage Express 2.0">

None of these are of any use to you or the search engine spiders. They are a waste of time, space and spiders times.

You need to remember that the title and description tags are what people see in the search engines. What you currently have wouldn't make me want to click. I would change them.

Title: Your company name should always be first. This way people know where they are going once they click.
Description: You need to make it sound more appealing. I love to ride horses and am always looking for a new place to go, but your description is boring. You need to make every want to go to you. What is different about your place. Why should we choose your site over the next. Don't use hype, just make it interesting.
Keywords: You shouldn't repeat your words so often. I think this is part of your problem with the search engines. You have the word "Horse" 5 times in your keywords. This is spam. The max is 3 time. I wouldn't repeat a word more than twice. I realize that you are using different phrases, but it still doesn't matter. If you are wanting the spiders to see different phrases, try dropping the commas and just list the keywords once.
Text: The text on the second page has the word horse only 2 times. You will never rank with this page under horse. You should do well with the word "riding", but that is too broad of a term. I would suggest you add horseback or horse to some of the "riding" that you have on the page.

I hope this gives you a place to start. Good luck and feel free to ask some more questions.

>Hi
>I have submitted my site to all search engines but why won't it get indexed? I am looking especially for an index in Google but it hasn't indexed it at all!
>Please help - I cant even get the site into a search engine let alone promote it !
>
>Please can u give me some tips and tell me what im doing wrong ?
>
>thanks
>
>will

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive automatic replies by email)

Your Message