deadlock Message Board
[ February Full List | Reply ]

Propagation Timelines
From Joe Sorge at SVC Nightclub and Bar Services, Inc. on 14 Feb '99
I have been following the board for a few days now, and feel it's time to pose a question of my own. I redesigned my site in late December and was prepared for seach engine submissions on or about the 15th of January. Having done so, I now have some outstanding results with the help of several site promotional tools, including deadlock. My question is in regard to the extended indexing times for Excite/Netfind and Hotbot. I've had quite a bit of success with AltaVista, figuring out infoseek, MSN, and others, but the aforementioned engines are really giving me a headache. Are Excite/Netfind and Hotbot experiencing significant delays as of late, or have I not given those engines enough time? I have noticed their spiders visiting my site, but still no results.
Lastly, I do have a tip that has seemed to assist in getting listed with the GO (infoseek) network. Since they are currently only accepting URL submissions via email, I went and signed on for a new 'go' email account, it being free and all, and then submitted my urls from that email account. My site was indexed in the top 10 for 4 strategic keywords within 48 hrs. This may not be a newsflash, but I wanted to share it.
Anyway, thank you all in advance for your input and please feel free to critique the site if you feel it to be appropriate.
Joe

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)

Your Message