deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Does BILINGUAL PAGES create problems in SE indexing?
From Marco Piazzalunga at Studiosoft - TalkTalkChat and online promotional services (coming soon: online shopping, web promotion) on 25 March '99
dear friends,

I am working on my website which is made up of bilingual pages (English and Italian).
My goal is to reach both world-wide and local audience, with one small preference for the world-wide one.
To simplify the website design, rather than to have the classical two pages situation (the same content in two languages), I made the choice to have in ONE single page the english text, highlighted with greater size, beside the corresponding translated italian text enclosed in round brackets with a more extinguished color and a smaller size.
My question is:
as the pages need to have both the languages in the TITLE and in the META keywords and description tags, along with the first text paragraphs (suppose 20 keywords in english, 20 corresponding keywords in italian, totalling 40 keywords, and so on), can this approach compromise the search engine indexing (also the directory submissions in Yahoo and similar) due to the excessive number of words involved, and to the need of ranking the words in two languages?
In your opinion the classical two pages choice would be the better one?

Thank you for your appreciated replies.

--Marco

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive
automatic replies by email)