deadlock Message Board
[ March Full List | Reply ]

Problems with "?"-marks
From Mikkel Svendsen on 26 March '99
Hi all,

I have been fighting the problem with "?"-marks in URLs for a long time time now. I work mainly with large ASP sites on NT. The sites are build on a very complex SQL/database system and most of the pages uses "?"-marks in the URLs :-(

The problem is that most search engines wont index pages with "?"-marks in the URL.

For Apache and Cold Fusion servers there is a module that will convert URL's with "?"-marks in them to URL's without "?"-marks - URL's that will works with all SE's. But until now I have not been able to find or work out a way to do the same with ASP-sites on NT.

A few weeks ago we got a couple of new hardcore programmers at the company I work for. They came up with a solution to the problem :-)

The solution is a combination of a so called NT-filter and a server object. The method is tested and works perfectly.

Does anyone here know if such a filter/ object combination allready do excist? Or should I just tell my programmers to go ahead and make it for me?

Id love to hear from anyone running ASP on NT with the same SE/ "?"-mark problem.

Best,
Mikkel deMib Svendsen
Denmark

Reply to this message

Required Details
Your name:
Subject:

Optional Details
Home page title:
Home page URL:
Email:
(if you'd like to receive